Morley Derhak Hall Community Room
Reservation Request Form
The Morley Derhak Community Room is available to Tenants and Community Groups for private functions by reservation with the Landlord.
Once a reservation is confirmed by the Landlord or any of its staff, it may not be changed without the Tenant’s express consent, unless there is a building or public health emergency.
FEES TO BE PAID TWO BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE TENANT RECEIVING ACCESS TO THE ROOM:
• $75.00 (seventy-five dollar) REFUNDABLE damage deposit.
Tenants wishing to sanitize the space in advance of use are welcome to use sanitization products located in kitchen. Victor Davis will no longer provide this service, and does not warrant that the room, equipment, fittings, or any areas in the room are sanitized in any way.
It is the Tenant’s responsibility to clean the Room, kitchen and bathrooms, including removing garbage from the room immediately following their function and restored to its original condition. The deposit will be returned to the Tenant on the condition that the facility is cleaned and left in acceptable state and condition, which will be determined by the Landlord upon inspection immediately following the Tenant’s reservation/return of the key/fob(s). The Tenant is responsible for repairing or compensating the landlord for the repair of any damages, or additional cleaning caused by the use of the facility by the Tenant and/or his/her guests during their reservation. Tenants’ $75.00 deposit will not be returned should the Tenant forego their reservation without notice prior to the event to the Landlord and/or Building Superintendent of the cancellation or if repairs and/or cleaning services are required.
SMOKING / VAPING IS NOT PERMITTED
IN ANY COMMON AREAS INCLUDING THE PLAYGROUND. THIS IS A GUELPH BY-LAW
ALCOHOL AND THE USE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY COMMON AREAS INCLUDING THE PLAYGROUND
24 HOUR NOISE BYLAW IN EFFECT AND MUSIC MUST BE TURNED DOWN BY 10:30 P.M.
The Morley Derhak Community Room closes at 11p.m. and must be cleaned and vacated before/by this time unless otherwise agreed.
The Tenant shall make Landlord and/or Building Superintendent aware of any issues or concerns, especially those relating to health and safety, in-person, or in writing, immediately by calling 519 821 2177. In case of emergency, please call 9-1-1.
The facility must be left in the same state, order and condition in which it was found. This includes all furniture, dishware, etc. Please do NOT drag furniture across the floor as it marks the tile. Tape and decorations to be removed from walls and ceiling.
On taking possession and upon return of the key/fob(s) for the Facility, the Tenant and a staff member will inspect the condition of the Room together and agree on the final assessment at that time.
I understand that the Ontario Fire Code limit of people in this room is 100, and I understand that from time to time, Public Health Regulations may set other limits to the number of people using the indoor and outdoor facility as well as rules for gatherings including the wearing face masks, physical distancing of six feet, and other rules as may be amended, from time to time. I understand that the use of the playground and the accessible washroom is not exclusive to my reservation and is available to other tenants during my reservation time.
1. I assume all risks of use of the facility and full responsibility for my conduct and actions, including any injury to myself or other or damage to property that may result while participating, and I understand that Victor Davis Memorial Court Non-Profit Homes Inc. is not responsible for conditions that I create myself or those created by other participants.
2. I assume all risks including the transmission of illness, virus or health which may happen with the use of the facility, and I understand that the facility is not sanitized, disinfected or cleaned by the Landlord prior to use.
3. I, hereby, agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify Victor Davis Memorial Court Non-Profit Homes Inc. and its employees, from and against any and all loss, damage, expense or cost (including legal fees) of any kind for injuries (including property damage, personal injury, disability and death) arising out of the activity, whether caused by negligence of Victor Davis Memorial Court Non-Profit Homes Inc. or otherwise. I agree to the terms and conditions as set out on this reservation form regarding public health regulations due to the risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. I confirm that my tenant insurance policy is in force and good standing and will be used in the case of a claim during my reserved time of the facility.
5. The presence of animals/reptiles, with the exception of certified service animals, is not allowed in the facility.
6. The consumption, sale and distribution of any forms of tobacco, vaping products, alcohol, cannabis and all other controlled substances is strictly prohibited in all common areas, including the Morley Derhak Community Room, including the fenced, outdoor children’s playground.
7. The use of barbecues, or other items that involve an ignition source are not allowed on the facility. I confirm that the Morley Derhak Community Room, including appliances and washrooms, are in clean, working condition. I have carefully read this release and agreement and understand and agree with all of its terms and conditions.